Wednesday, April 11, 2018

We used to be whole. We used to smile with glittering eyes at the future and travel forward on our mundane timeline, one day at a time, one second at a time. We never thought we'd have to separate.
We had to part ways...and now I feel empty of anything that once was. She tries to save what's left by pulling on my hands, my sleeves and my melancholy.

"Don't become an automaton, don't become like all the rest, please don't leave me!"
"Haven't you noticed, child, that there is nothing for us here?"
"We agreed we would make all of our daydreams come true. That we will remain together as one, remember?"
"Can't you see that is impossible? Can't you see that everything we crave is illusory? And I have to remember this every second, as long as you don't let go of me. Don't tease me with past affections and hopes long forgotten."

0 comments:

Post a Comment